8 Added Benefits of EMS Training
- Heals back pain. Most people have been to the chiropractor where electrodes are placed on certain areas of the body to relax the muscle. This is essentially the same concept done in EMS training. The lower back and core are stimulated by the electrodes which innervates and in return strengthens the stabilizer muscles of the spine. The stimulus will also relax the tight areas of the muscle to stop any nerve pinching.
- Burns calories for up to 48 hours after training. The kind of muscle work during EMS raises the amount of energy needed for the body to repair after training (24-48 hours). “The raised energy consumption of muscle-cells transforms the body into a fat burning machine. This after-burning effect is the most effective and most natural way of boosting metabolism.”
- Injury Prevention. Stability and strength are two essential aspects of staying injury free. EMS training innervates the stabilizer muscles in joints that will save the body during a sudden fall or impact. Increasing strength, of course, in the muscles surrounding the joints is of utmost importance for injury prevention.
- Injury Rehab. Physical activity should not be off limits altogether after an injury because the muscle will atrophy quickly and have a difficult time regaining strength. EMS is a very helpful tool in rehabbing an injury by preventing muscle loss through gradual strength gain. We can target the specific muscle group that needs to get stronger through a slow impulse increase. The stimulus will also help increase blood flow to injured area to heal.
- Posture. Each time you train with EMS, the little muscles surrounding your spine are being activated and strengthened. Through this strengthening, you will naturally stand straighter with the muscular support.
- Improves endurance. The EMS full-body workout activates over major and minor muscles fibers at the same time during each contraction which is the same for endurance training. Training can be tailored specifically to working on the slow twitch muscle fibers for long, sustained cardio.
- Reduces Cellulite. Less fat mass and more muscle mass will reduce cellulite. That may be pretty obvious. But what you probably didn’t know is that “as the viscosity of the subcutaneous fat layer decreases, blood flow and lymphatic drainage increase, facilitating the elimination of excess fluid and metabolites, while improving overall cellular function.” This will release the layer of fat that causes the wrinkles in skin known as cellulite.
- Increases Metabolism. More muscle mass = more calories burned during rest. EMS muscle contractions are up to 30% higher than a max voluntary contraction allowing the impulse to hit the muscle deeper than possible with normal strength training.
FITTec. - Where fitness meets technology
5 Essential Keys to losing weight (Part 1)
75% of our prospective members are looking to lose weight, regain their independence, feel good, look good and have more energy. As we get older, this gets more difficult, that's why it's essential to understand the basics of nutrition and adapt as we go. When you join a FITtec.® EMS studio, you are equipped with all the information and tools that you could possibly need to lose unwanted extra weight, build full-body strength and optimize your nutrition. Your fitness blueprint is customized to your goals and a roadmap to a successful outcome of your membership here at FITtec.®
[ view more ]
Whole-Body EMS is a safe and efficient training system
As a personalized, full-body workout, FITtec.® allows you to live your best life
Regardless of your goals, your fitness level or your current limitations, FITtec’s cutting-edge EMS workout produces faster results with less time in the gym which allows you to spend more time doing what you love.
[ view more ]
The low down on protein?
There is so much advice and product out there when it comes to protein. We answer some of the most critical questions our clients have had over the years on protein. The simple answer is yes, we should all be taking in enough protein to sustain our muscle lean muscle mass even if you are on a weight loss training program and definitely if you are on a muscle growth program. Here's the critical information you need to know. [ view more ]